As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, businesses across the world are trying to adjust to operating within this new normal. With many businesses struggling to manage the economic fallout of these uncertain times, it’s more important than ever to eliminate unnecessary expenses.
These six simple tips can help businesses to correctly allocate spending and reduce their technology expenses with ease.
- Put in place a clear strategy to mitigate the risks and costs associated with data breaches by securing mobile devices.
- As the vast majority of business travel has been cancelled, examine your organization’s roaming packages to see if there are ways to pause or cancel roaming capabilities for quick savings.
- Avoid excess charges as employees turn to their phone’s hotspot for connectivity by advising employees to always use Wi-Fi when possible.
- Conduct a detailed review of contracts to identify opportunities and risks.
- Consider how increased usage of certain services may impact costs and modify plans accordingly to optimize spend. For example, voice calling via landline and wireless devices has increased since the outbreak of the coronavirus, marking a turnaround on previous trends in which the growth of texting, chat and social media had cut into talking via phone.
- Audit all services for incorrect billing charges.
Would you like help managing your telecom & technology expenses?